Thursday 30 April 2015

The wedding of Kathryn & Yaw

The wedding of beautiful bride Kathryn and her husband Yaw this weekend was a rather gorgeous one. A celebration centred around family at St George's Hall and good food at Leaf on Bold Street complemented the couple's laid back style, and it was an absolute pleasure creating their big day florals.

I met Kathryn at Oh Me Oh My's wedding fayre earlier on in the year, and we instantly bonded over our love of palest pastels, scented flowers and pretty lace. Blush pink and white seasonal spring blooms took Kathryn's fancy and her bouquet was bound with delicate lace offcuts from her wedding dress, to which I added trailing nude velvet ribbon and vintage lace. I made matching mother and daughter bouquets full of sweetly scented lilac, stocks and paperwhites mixed in with the palest pink spray roses and fresh variegated foliage. For the men and mum's of the bridal party, blush roses were accompanied by delicate little rose buds and plenty of foliage for a pretty spring look. 

Kathryn's Bouquet

Nude velvet ribbon and vintage lace bound Kathryn's bouquet

Flowers for Kathryn's daughter, Habibah 

Blush roses, lilac, paperwhites and stocks
Flowers for the groom

Flowers for the bridal party

I am so excited to welcome in the month of May tomorrow, as I think I have decided it is my favourite. Alongside the gorgeous wedding of Jen and Morgan this bank holiday, a beautiful shoot with some my favourite people and lots of lovely meet ups with V&T couples, I have decided to take a little time off this month to celebrate my birthday with loved ones and give myself a little rest before the summer season kicks off. A trip to Cornwall is on the cards and I cannot wait to share it all with you - be prepared for lots of cow parsley, floral inspired baking and seas views on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook! 

Charlotte xx

No comments:

Post a Comment