Wednesday 7 May 2014

May It Be...

I seem to say this every time the first of each month appears, but I love the month of May. The cow parsley is springing up in the hedgerows, the peonies are out in all their glorious blowsy beauty and flower headbands seem a more acceptable hair accessory (or is that just me?!). With two bank holidays at the start and end of the month, it is easy to see why so many brides choose this month to say 'I do'.

Just as the last daffodil heads are drooping, we are welcomed into May with gorgeous blooms such as sweetly scented stocks, classically elegant lily of the valley and early scented garden roses jumbled together in mis-matched vases, milk churns and buckets. Soft hues such as ballerina pink, sage green and soft champagne mix together beautifully to create a relaxed feel to the celebrations, as the bunting is casually thrown over tree branches and round pillars to add to the party feel.

With pretty ideas such as these whirring around in my head, I find complete joy in collecting all my inspirations on either the Verity & Thyme tumblr or every bride's best friend - Pinterest. Below I have gathered a few of my favourites that I think epitomise a May wedding, I hope you like them as much as I do...


Charlotte xx


N.B None of the above photos belong to Verity & Thyme, but please find the links on Pinterest and Tumblr.


No comments:

Post a Comment