Wednesday 28 May 2014

Milking it

You know wedding season has well and truly begun when a whole month flashes before your eyes and you have barely had time to stand still and take it all in. There have been multiple birthdays and bank holidays, interspersed with wedding parties and celebrations galore.

I did manage to sneak in a visit back to the shire the weekend before my very own birthday, which ended up being exactly what I needed. We went on countryside walks, ate cream teas watching the cricket (oh how very British) and had such beautiful weather that we ate every meal in the garden - a distant memory today as I watch the rain lash down outside. My birthday bounty included another great big vintage tin bath, a selection of beautifully inspiring wedding flowers books and a LOT of rose chocolate - I was a very happy girl. The tin bath has already been filled with lavender, foxgloves, lettuces and sweetpeas amongst others and I just love it. 

Driving back with a car full of cow parsley from the hedgerows, I spent a happy morning filling up my new milk churns with it at Oh Me Oh My and taking a few photos to show what an impact this simple vase can make. I also spent my bank holiday with the lovely ladies at OMOM preparing for the beautiful wedding of Heather and Ian, with a dreamy palette of white and seafoam green. Using peonies, hydrangea, flowering mint and roses, I filled a selection of vintage bottles at the base of their washing line table plan and to compliment the bride's and bridesmaids bouquets. Please click here for more photos and details on hiring the table plan.


With June on its way, I couldn't help share this lovely little poem from a book I found tucked away in an old bookshop this week. Let's hope this weather cheers up in time for all of June's brides...

' A cloudless sky; a world of heather,
Purple of foxglove, yellow of broom;
We two among it, wading together,
Shaking out honey, treading perfume.
Crowds of bees are giddy with clover.
Crowds of grasshoppers skip at our feet,
Crowds of larks at their matins hang over,
Thanking the Lord for a life so sweet.'
                                             - Jean Ingelow



Charlotte xx

No comments:

Post a Comment