Tuesday 17 February 2015

Rosemary and Thistle

I was delighted to be invited up to Scotland last weekend for the wedding of Katherine and Colin, so with a car full of blooms and plenty of shortbread (of course) I made the 4 hour trip over the border. Nestled in the beautiful countryside not far from Edinburgh, Winton House is a grand house with a surprisingly intimate feel, and it was an honour to be part of this wedding celebration.

Having been sent a swatch of tartan including the colours red, orange, yellow and navy, I set about choosing seasonal blooms in a variety of hues and textures to create Katherine's and her three bridesmaid's bouquets. The men carried blue thistle, rosemary and textured foliage in their buttonholes, and the ceremony space was bought to life with milk churns filled with forest green foliages. Mismatched glass vases were filled with seasonal blooms for the tables which looked beautiful as I set them out in the sun streaming in from the huge sash windows.





I thoroughly enjoyed my Scottish adventure, and I am sure I will be returning soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment